Use mobile devices safely.
Considering how much we rely on our mobile devices and how susceptible they are to attack, you'll want to make sure you are protected:
- -Always lock your phone when not in use. Set up Touch ID or Facial Recognition on your device, and back that up with a unique PIN or pattern
- -Only install apps from trusted sources (Apple AppStore, Google Play).
- -Keep the device's operating system up-to-date.
- -Don't click on links or attachments from unsolicited emails or texts.
- -Avoid transmitting or storing personal information on the device. -Most handheld devices are capable of employing data encryption
- - consult your device's documentation for available options. -Use Apple's Find my iPhone or the Android Device Manager tools to help prevent loss or theft.
- -Always back up your smartphone’s data. Make sure that you sync your phone so your data is backed up on the cloud.
Stay up to date with Advanced Digital.